Today the 75th Golden Globe Awards Nomination list was disclosed and I bring you the nominees and my previsions for the winners and/or which ones I would like to be the winners!
Since Award Season have began, I decided to do a segment of “My bets” for the award shows that I’ll be following upclose, and that starts with the Golden Globes! It will surely be a special night, because it is its 75th edition this year! I bet it will have a lot of “rewind clips” and surprise speeches for the industry and for the artists.
I will be talking only about the TV nominations because a) I didn’t saw 98% of the nominated movies for the motion picture categories; b) the other 2% didn’t premiere yet (at least in Portugal).
I’ll underline my bet/my wish winner and on the day after the awards, I’m make a new post comparing them and see my score card! Even for the categories that I don’t have an opinion about it (I didn’t watch all the tv series in the world) I’ll bet a winner!
And the nominees are…
Game of Thrones
The Handmaid’s Tale
This Is Us
I didn’t saw The Crown – I now, shame on me! But I will, maybe on this holiday season, since next week all the current series are going to Christmas hiatus – but I bet it’s on the same level of the other nominees. The others are all in my favorite TV show list, but for “the Drama situation” I think This is Us and The Handmaid’s Tale are the ones that fit the category the best!
Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
Jason Bateman, Ozark
Freddie Highmore, The Good Doctor
Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan
I didn’t saw Better Call Saul and Ray Donovan, so my bet is for Sterling (This is Us). I just want to let you know that I saw on some blogs and sites that Freddie Highmore was nominated for Bates Motel – that is INCORRECT! Although it could be possible, since Bates Motel had its final season this year and don’t get me wrong, Freddie deserves every award that exists for his role as Norman Bates, it was flawless! Which I can’t say about his Shawn Murphy on Good Doctor, because it resembles Norman too much, but I just want to make this clear.
Caitriona Balfe, Outlander
Claire Foy, The Crown
Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Deuce
Katherine Langfor, 13 Reasons Way
Elisabeth Moss, The Handmaid’s Tale
Despite 13 Reason being awesome, Katherine was not that exciting. My bet is for Elizabeth Moss, to be fair with my previous statement and since I didn’t follow the other actress’ work. Although, Claire Foy’s role has been so praised that I think she could win.
Comedy or Musical Series
Master of None
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Will & Grace
Comedy or Musical Actor
Anthony Anderson, black-ish
Aziz Ansari, Master of None
Kevin Bacon, I Love Dick
William H. Macy, Shameless
Eric McCormack, Will & Grace
Comedy of Musical Actress
Pamela Adoln, Better Things
Alison Brie, GLOW
Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Issa Rae, Insecure
Frankie Shaw, SMILF
TV Movie or Miniseries
Big Little Lies
FEUD: Bette and Joan
Top of the Lake: China Girl
I don’t know the other pieces, but Big Little Lies was one of my favorite series this year!
TV Movie or Miniseries Actor
Robert De Niro, The Wizard of Lies
Jude Law, The Young Pope
Kyle MacLachlan, Twin Peaks
Ewan McGregor, Frago
Geoffrey Rush, Genius
I didn’t saw any of this miniseries, but from what I know from the industry and from fan debates, I think Jude Law should win but the award will go for Robert De Niro.
TV Movie or Miniseries Actress
Jessica Biel, The Sinner
Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
Jessica Lange, FEUD: Bette and Joan
Susan Sarandon, FEUD: BEtte and Joan
Reese Witherspoon, Big Little Lies
TV Series Movie or Miniseries Supporting Actress
Laura Dern, Big Little Lies
Anne Dowd, Handmaid’s Tale
Chrissy Metz, This Is Us
Michaelle Pfeiffer, The Wizard of Lies
Shailene Woodley, Big Little Lies
Every one of them deserves this award, but I really want Chrissy Metz to win!!
TV Series Movie or Miniseries Supporting Actor
Daid Harbour, Stranger Things
Alfred Monlina, FEUD: Bette and Joan
Christian Slater, Mr. Robot
Alexander Skarsgard, Big Little lies
Savid Thewlis, Frago
I’m going to choose Alexander just because Christian Slater isn’t my favorite character from Mr. Robot, and since Rami Malek is not nominated, I’m giving another award to Big Little Lies.
The 75th Golden Globe Awards will be held on January 7 (2018) and will air live on NBC, presented by Seth Meyers (not totally thrilled by the host, but I’m sure it will be fun!)
Sorry for the long post, I hope you liked it!
What’s your favorite tv show?
Let me know in the comments!
See you soon*
Image Credits: Golden Globes